Brandboom-Blast Ramp FAQ
RequirementsBrandboom Unlimited Yearly account
- API Public Key
- API Secret Key
- Vendor Code
- Vendor Access Key
- Customers* (manual importing/exporting required)
Setting Up Credentials
- Contact Brandboom to enable integration for your account. Brandboom Unlimited Yearly Subscription is required for API use.
- Once a Brandboom customer service representative has enabled your account for integration, you will see all the information you need for integration on your Account page. Your API Public Key, API Secret Key, Account ID, etc, should now be listed under the section Integration.
- As the administrator of your Blast Ramp account, log into Blast Ramp and navigate to the following section: Advanced > Administration > DC Settings > Integration
- Locate and take note of the Vendor Code and Vendor Key under the section Web Service Credentials.
- Locate the section Brandboom Inventory Integration. Fill out the section as follows:
- Brand Boom Public Key: Your API Public Key listed on your Brandboom account page.
- Brand Boom Secrete Key: Your API Secret Key listed on your Brandboom account page.
- Brand Boom Brand ID: *No longer required; leave blank or -1.
- Brand Boom ShowroomID: Showroom ID listed inside of the Showroom Settings popup. API access must be enabled to see this.
- Brand Boom Wholesale Pricelist Code: The Blast Ramp Price List that you want to use as the Brandboom wholesale price. On Brandboom, you will need to already have a Price Tier that corresponds to the same currency code.
- Brand Boom Retail Pricelist Code: The Blast Ramp Price List that you want to use as the Brandboom retail price. On Brandboom, you will need to already have a Price Tier that corresponds to the same currency code.
- Brand Boom Sync Mode: By default, Blast Ramp will act as the authoritative source of product information. It will push all product details to BrandBoom, overwriting any manual product changes that you might have made on BrandBoom. If you don’t want this to happen, you should change it to “Inventory Quantities Only.” This will force Blast Ramp to only update the inventory counts of products that already exist on Brandboom while not creating/modifying any products.
- Use TEST Environment: If you’re planning to test out your account with the Brandboom sandbox environment first (brandboom.net), have this checkbox checked. For production use, make sure you uncheck this.
- Locate your Blast Ramp current Warehouse ID. You could find this Warehouse ID under Advanced > Administrator > DC Settings > Address Information
- Provide Brandboom with your Blast Ramp Vendor Code and Vendor Key and your Blast Ramp Warehouse ID.
- On Brandboom, update your Order Settings located on the orders page. Under Export Requirements, make sure the following items are checked off:
- Buyer Name
- Buyer Phone Number
- Buyer Fax Number
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
Setting Up SizesIt’s crucial that proper size scales are set up before you can import products/orders into Blast Ramp from Brandboom. Otherwise, orders imported might have line items that have zero sizes/quantities. In Blast Ramp, navigate to: Advanced > Administration > Sizescale. Make sure there’s a size scale that already contains the sizes you have on Brandboom. If not, click new … and create a new scale with the sizes separated by commas. Save the size scale.
Setting Up ProductsYou can either use Brandboom or Blast Ramp as the initial source of products.
Import Products from Blast Ramp to Brandboom
- You can initiate an automatic product push.
- In Blast Ramp, navigate to: Advanced > Administration > DC Settings > Integration
- Hit "Push Inventory Sync" and it should start pushing product information over
- If the automated push doesn’t work for one reason or another, you can still import manually via Excel with these steps:
- In Blast Ramp, navigate to: Advanced > Export > Export linesheet in standard Blast Ramp format
- Export and download the list you wish to import into Brandboom.
- Open the Excel file and delete the first 5 rows (not the 6th row where the header line is)
- Since you can only import a pair of retail/wholesale prices at a time, delete columns of the pricelists that you don’t need to import.
- Rename the remaining desired retail and wholesale prices columns to Retail(USD) and Wholesale(USD) assuming that the Price Tier you have set up on Brandboom is called “USD”.
- On Brandboom, go to the products page, click the SKU button to open the sku list and proceed to import using the Excel sheet.
- Products should now be added to your showroom.
- To upload another set of pricelists from Blast Ramp, repeat the process but with the Wholesale and Retail columns renamed to the corresponding Price Tier name on Brandboom.
Import Products Brandboom to Blast Ramp via Excel
- Make sure that a Linesheet/Season has been created for Brandboom in Blast Ramp. Navigate to: Advanced > Administration > Linesheet/Seasons.
- Fill out the Linelist Code and Linelist Name and press create:
Linelist Code FALL15 Season Fall Collection for 2015
- Make sure that a Price List has been created for Brandboom for each type of pricing (ex: Wholesale, Retail) in Blast Ramp. Navigate to: Advanced > Administration > Pricelists. Click new… and fill out information for the new price list.
ID WHSL While the ID doesn’t have to be the same, this set should correspond to the same Price Tier that you have created inside of Brandboom (ex: USD1). Make sure you have filled out the Brandboom Price Tier name in the Brand Boom Pricelist Wholesale Code field under the Brand Boom Inventory Integration section of your Blast Ramp setup Description Wholesale ISO Currency Code USD This should be the currency set for this showroom in Brandboom ID RTL While the ID doesn’t have to be the same, this set should correspond to the same Price Tier that you have created inside of Brandboom (ex: USD1). Make sure you have filled out the Brandboom Price Tier name in the Brand Boom Pricelist Retail Code field under the Brand Boom Inventory Integration section of your Blast Ramp setup Description Retail ISO Currency Code USD This should be the currency set for this showroom in Brandboom
- Navigate to: Advanced > Utilities > Upload Linelist via Copy and Paste from Excel.
- With the products list exported from Brandboom’s Products page, paste the content into the first section. Do not include the header row.
- Fill out the second section as indicated below:
Field Column in Excel Instructions SKU 1 Must be in the hyphenated format of the style-option-size. If not filled out, Brandboom will automatically generate this upon product export from Brandboom Product Description 2 Color Description 3 Season/Linelist Code 4 Are these SKUs in apparel format (style-color-size)? YES UPC Code 5 Suggested Retail Price 6 Product Category 1 7 Product Category 2 8 Product Category 3 9 Product Category 4 10 Product Category 5 11 WHSL* 12 *Assuming the name of your target wholesale price list is the WHSL price list RTL* 13 *Assuming the name of your target retail price list is the RTL price list Select warehouse(s) to post linesheet to: You should choose the warehouse that you have set up integration for
Setting Up CustomersYou can import customers manually from Blast Ramp to Brandboom via Excel.
- In Blast Ramp, navigate to: Customers > Export Customers to Excel
- On Brandboom, download the Customer Import Template. Paste in the shipping formation (Ship To Name, Ship To Address, etc) from the Blast Ramp worksheet into corresponding column of the Brandboom worksheet.
- Fill the entire Type column of the Brandboom worksheet with “S”
- Proceed to import the worksheet into Brandboom
- Repeat the process for the billing information, except now when you import for a second time, the Type column should be “B”
General Ordering Workflow
- Buyer visit presentations on Brandboom, and he places his orders.
- Seller reviews and edits orders on Brandboom.
- Seller sets the order statuses to complete. Inventory counts are tentatively reserved on Brandboom.
- Seller has finished and finalized changes to orders.
- Seller sets the order statues to export. (If you have made more changes on Brandboom thereafter, you can re-upload the order to Blast Ramp by setting the order status back to complete and export again.)
- Orders are collected and sent to Blast Ramp every minute. If an order fails the requirements in Blast Ramp, the error is displayed in its order history on Brandboom. Alternatively, you can select orders, choose "More" and "Blast Ramp Transfer Results" on the Brandboom orders page to initiate a push of the orders to Blast Ramp. If the order is accepted, it should show up in Blast Ramp. Note that there’s a delay (up to 30 minutes) for the following fields to populate even after an order has been imported into Blast Ramp: Shipping Cost, Brandboom Credit, and Brandboom Discount fields.
- Seller processed and completed orders in Blast Ramp.
- Product and inventory information will be updated from Blast Ramp within 15 minutes.
- Inventory level on Brandboom should now reflect the latest counts.
Advanced Order SettingsRe-submitting specific orders to Blast Ramp
- Should order(s) fail to transfer, you can always manually initiate the transfer again:
- Go to the orders page on Brandboom
- Select the orders
- Choose the "More" dropdown of the toolbar
- Choose "Blast Ramp Transfer Results
- This should re-submit those orders and display the result in the popup
- In order for a season to show up in Blast Ramp, you must tag the order with a tag in the format of "Season: XXX" inside of Brandboom (where XXX is the name of the season). Alternatively, you can also create a custom order form field on Brandboom named "Season" and it should get passed to Blast Ramp properly.
- In order for the commission rate to show up in Blast Ramp, you have to create a custom order form field on Brandboom named "Commission" and it should get passed to Blast Ramp properly.
My orders that are set to export on Brandboom don’t show up in Blast Ramp.
- Make sure you have filled out your Vendor Key, Vendor Code, and Warehouse ID on your Brandboom Account page.
- Click on the down arrow next to the order line on the Brandboom Orders page. Check the order history to see if there were errors while the order was being transferred.
When I try to push an order to Blast Ramp, it says the order isn’t editable.
- The order has already been set to release inside of Blast Ramp (ex: sent to warehouse); Brandboom no longer has access to modify the order.
Some of the line items of the imported orders don’t have any prices/quantities/sizes.
- Make sure that you already have a size scale in Blast Ramp that corresponds to the sames sizes used on the order form on Brandboom. See SETTING UP SIZES on how to set up a size scale.
The season isn't showing up on my Blast Ramp.
- In order for a season to show up in Blast Ramp, you must tag the order with a tag in the format of "Season: XXX" inside of Brandboom (where XXX is the name of the season)
The shipping Cost/Brandboom Credit/Brandboom Discount are not showing on my Blast Ramp.
- There’s a delay for these fields to populate even after an order has been imported into Blast Ramp. These fields should show up within 15 minutes or so.
The order date shown inside of Blast Ramp is different from what it says on Brandboom.
- The order date in Blast Ramp is when the buyer clicked on the Place Order button inside of Brandboom. However, on Brandboom, as the seller, you are allowed to change the Order Date to any date you desire. You should double-check to see if the order date has been manually updated inside of Brandboom since.
When I click “push inventory sync” on the Blast Ramp side, nothing shows up on Brandboom.
- Make sure the Brandboom Inventory mode inside of Blast Ramp is set to “All Product Information” and not just “Inventory Only.”
- Make sure all price lists inside of Blast Ramp have a currecy code set.
- Make sure the Brandboom Wholesale Pricelist Code / Retail Pricelist Code inside of Blast Ramp isn't set to a price tier or currency that doesn’t exist on Brandboom.
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.